Spring is here and like me, I bet you're ready to refresh and revitalize your rooms! Why not try some new hues?
Here are some expert advice, tips, & ideas on how you can make a change in your space with color -
• Never redo a room with a color theme! Instead, add to your existing color palette a new POP color, or change out your colors for your ENTIRE home. The biggest decorating faux pas you can make is to have your home chopped into mini-color themes.
• Primer is your friend. They even have paints now with the primer mixed in.
• If you’re ready to make the leap without professional advice, ask me to order some 8x10” color chips or paint a poster board and live with it in the room for a day or two. See how the light plays, or how room’s color sidles next to the sister space.
• Watch the Sheen – If you have bad walls, stick with flat, eggshell is my favorite for most projects. Try a higher sheen for an accent wall, door or below the chair rail.
• Try Something New – Just like your new found love of avocados, you’ll find, a new color has taken your fancy. Give it a shot in a powder room, in accents or in a secondary furniture piece – Like a chair, ottoman or painted wood piece.
• A Gallon of paint usually covers about 350ft. – So one can is just right for a small room.