- You can't stick your hand in that zipper locked bag to see if the material is so scratchy it will cause injury while sleeping.
- It may be illegal to remove a tag by law, but there is no list of ingredients - who knows what that bedding is made from.
- Your Bunco friend is scouting the same set.
- You deserve better!
So here are some tips on how to buy and style a blissful bed and move on beyond a bed-in-a-bag.
1. Quality is Key. The best sheets, cases and duvets are made of Egyptian cotton. It's not about high thread count, but instead the quality of the cotton. Egyptian cotton has long fibers and produce sheets that are thin and sumptuous, yet extremely strong and long-lasting.
2. Create A Tactile Sensation with Luxury Products. There is nothing better than slipping into the blissful caress of cool cotton sheets, the envelope of voluptuous fluff of a down duvet, and the warm, cozy comfort of a cashmere throw. Luxury is yummy.
3. Layer Your Bedding. Your bed is the focal point of your bedroom. Make it look as good as it feels. Start with basic hued fundamentals: Sheets, cases and duvets in one color. Build in shams not only to layer the bed, but protect the sleeping pillows. Add a decorative stamp of a accent pillow or two, and a throw for a pop of color and texture to complete the bedding layers. Layers create visual interest, dimension and texture.
4. Final Touches. Restful colors, the flicker of a scented candle, every light in your room with a dimmer switch, and an organized space, will create a cozy, relaxing room. Your resting and sleeping space should look, feel and smell blissful.