I'll be hosting my niece's baby shower in September. As I was going through magazines and books - I found these great recipes, twisted them slightly and came up with this month's recipes for the "Easy Gourmet" Cable TV show.
- They're super fresh, easy to make, and perfect for a wonderful lunch or light dinner on a perfectly beautiful early summer day. Of course make for interesting dishes for a shower too.
Table Setting Idea: For this month's table setting idea - I mixed vintage styles - Wonderful quilted fabric yardage I had picked up for another project - Which gives us a kick-off to June with its cabbage rose motif and soft summer colors. I paired the fabric with my Retro "soup and sandwich" luncheon set - Which is PINK!
I threw in a bit of current with stemless platinum banded wine glasses. The wine I selected was "Fat Bastard" Rosé - Which is you know the label, the packaging is as deviously delicious as the liquid inside!
The Floral arrangement is perfect for any Centerpiece for a buffet or entry way for entertaining. I used a knock out, lush hanging coned container garden I picked up my my local grocery store. All the rage this season, I removed the wire hangers, and placed it in a gazing ball stand. What a instant statement for a summer soiree!
BLTs with Caesar Mayo
· 1 Package of pre-made bacon of your choice.
· 3 tablespoons of Mayo
· 1 tablespoon fresh Parmesan cheese
· 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
· Splash of Worcestershire sauce
· ½ clove of finely diced garlic
· 2 anchovy fillets
· Crusty bread slices
· Sliced ripe red tomatoes
· Romaine lettuce leaves
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. In food processor, combine mayo, cheese, lemon juice, mustard, diced garlic & anchovy fillets, mix to smooth.
2. Cook bacon as per package instructions.
3. Toast bread.
4. Spread Caesar mayo on bread slices. Layer on each side of bread tomato and lettuces, then pile with bacon.
Cold Cucumber Soup
· 1 large English (Hot House) cucumber peeled and cubed
· ½ Yellow Bell Pepper cubed
· 2 Green Onion diced
· 1 teaspoon fresh mint chopped
· ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1 tablespoon dill mix spice
· 1/1/2 tablespoons olive oil
· 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
· 1 cup yogurt
· 1 cup sour cream
· Chopped chives to garnish
1. In food processor, puree all ingredients till smooth.
2. Chill 2 hours.
3. Serve with chopped fresh chives, and dollop of sour cream.