- Room's purpose and style - Fancy in the fancy areas, casual in the casual areas.
- Room's function - A large arrangement on a family room cocktail table isn't going to work if you're room's function is TV viewing...
- Scale and Proportion - Whatever the area, make sure that the "stuff" is in scale to the surface or area your putting it. For example, a large mantle needs large accessories.
- Create highs and lows - Use books, cake stands, easels, hurricanes, apothecary's to create highs and lows in your display.
- Group collections in odd numbers.
- Don't get lazy - Hang what needs to be hung, use a measuring tape when needed, take the extra step...
- Bang for the Buck - One spectacular pieces, with knock-offs around it - makes the knockoffs spectacular too.
- Don't go over board - Too much of a good thing, isn't good...
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Tips on Creating Seasonal Arrangements
Any flat surface is a great area to seasonally dress. Here are a few tips on making the vignette look fabulous: