Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Bob Vila# Chicago Home Staging Tips interior styling spring 2014 home decorating ideas tips
In my quest for spring, I made a few visits to my favorite hidden haunts, read at least a dozen magazines and publications, went to a trade show for inspiration, color cues and came up with some ideas for spring decorating for your home.
1. BIG Colorful Art. Swap out a few and insert just ONE.
2. Agate. From mirrors to book ends, try this fancy sliced stone for an edgy, natural look.
3. Terrariums. Bring that green inside, create a tiny garden and adorn your desk, table or buffet.
4. Nests & Eggs. Whether a frame piece or tucked under a glass dome - Nothing says spring more!
5. Preppy. Get your Monogram on a new set of plates to add to your existing collection.
6. Gold is Back. Mix up your metals with a little bit of gold/brass.
7. Chunky Knits. From pillows to poufs.
8. Water Color. Pillows, art or upholstery - Mellow and serene.
9. Sheer Window Panels. Lighten the window load with a pair.
10. Spring Fabrics. Chintz (it's back!), geometric prints and stripes can redecorate any space.