Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Spring 2014 Home Decorating Ideas
Here inI know its coming - the migrating birds are back, there are buds on my trees and I can see the chartreuse green tips of my daffodils pushing their way up in my garden beds. With spring outside on pause, if you're wishing for spring like me, why not give your home interiors a bit of a spring redecorating. I have been rearranging and styling mine, storing away items that remind me of winter – heavy throws, pinecones, dark colored accessories and of course a few rogue Christmas items.
In my quest for spring, I made a few visits to my favorite hidden haunts, read at least a dozen magazines and publications, went to a trade show for inspiration, color cues and came up with some ideas for spring decorating for your home.
1. BIG Colorful Art. Swap out a few and insert just ONE.
2. Agate. From mirrors to book ends, try this fancy sliced stone for an edgy, natural look.
3. Terrariums. Bring that green inside, create a tiny garden and adorn your desk, table or buffet.
4. Nests & Eggs. Whether a frame piece or tucked under a glass dome - Nothing says spring more!
5. Preppy. Get your Monogram on a new set of plates to add to your existing collection.
6. Gold is Back. Mix up your metals with a little bit of gold/brass.
7. Chunky Knits. From pillows to poufs.
8. Water Color. Pillows, art or upholstery - Mellow and serene.
9. Sheer Window Panels. Lighten the window load with a pair.
10. Spring Fabrics. Chintz (it's back!), geometric prints and stripes can redecorate any space.