- The bed is the focal point of a room, so start here. My client owns this great air bed that basically is a rolling suitcase and you unzip, plug in and within minutes POOF turns into a queen size bed. Frontgate has a few to choose from.
- Head Board. The head board are 2 plastic decorative fencing panels from Home Depot. I know, I know, super clever, weigh nothing and you can attach them to the wall with a nail. Instant headboard. Acurio Panels from Home Depot.
- Bedding. A bed should be lush & lovely. Chic bedding, fluffy pillows, cute accent pillows -and always throw a throw at the end of the bed for a bit of interest and texture. I found this great microfiber duvet set (almost no-iron) at HomeGoods and bird accent pillow fromMichaels. (had the shell pillow and throw in my staging stock pile.)
- The Night stand is a butler tray table. A butler tray is meant to be mobile, so easy open and close. This is a great what I call "Good Bones" piece of furniture. The tray comes off and the base just folds up. I found a close one on Amazon: Crosley Palm Harbor Outdoor Wicker Butler Tray
- Lamp. Just make sure is substantial enough to work with the scale of the bed.
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
#chicago #homegoodshappy accessories bedroom Easy Home Staging Tips and ideas stage and style
Do you have a need to create, stage & style a bedroom in an empty room? Think you need to go out a buy and lug in heavy furniture? Think again. Today's home staging & styling job was for a client that enlisted me to to do a budget bedroom staging. Here's how I did it.