- TIP: When planning a garden or landscape, or just refreshing one that you have - strive to create a place that looks like it’s naturally there, compliments the home and can become an extension of your home's space, so it can be enjoyed like your favorite interior rooms of the home.
|(Photo: Jenna Bayer Garden Design)|
- TIP: Doing thoughtful research at the local historical society or library will reward you whether working from scratch or altering ready-made home plans. The land and your neighbors will thank you.
- TIP: Love a certain style, era or place? Seek an expert to have it made. Commissioned pieces are not out of your reach if you just take the time and effort to track down, ask and research to find the right people to create your vision.
- TIP: If using luxurious fabric on seating, choose a darker "I can sit on this" hue; add toss pillows or a throw in a juxtaposition textile such as super friendly linen that calms the stature of the statement fabric.
|(Anthropologie Blue Velvet Sofa)|
- TIP: Do not pinch pennies on quality, but always pair with comfort in mind. Look for natural washable fibers and comfortable styles, so your bedding is easy care, but totally indulgent. Create layers with down, matelassé coverlets, quilts and plenty of fluffy pillows. Keep the colors tonal to let the materials shine.
|(Photo: Source - Linen Bedding)|
- TIP: Scour, hunt and procure your finds so that your home becomes layered. Consider mixing elements, pairing old and new together. Create a room with detail, with a few eclectic elements to add just the right interesting twist.
|(Photo: Source - London-Style Linen Shades)|